Mother Nature has never failed to surprise us. She has always created and will keep on creating unique species, never imagined by the mankind. It won’t be wrong to call them the true wonders of the universe.
There is something different about each animal, but some animals are distinctive in a manner never thought by any man. This world is a weird blend of beautiful and unique. From vivid colors to mind-boggling traits, these animals are an asset to the universe, and it’s hard to fathom their mere creation.
Are you fascinated by the bizarre animal kingdom? Do you also love reading about strange and unique animals?
If yes, then go ahead!! The article is for you!
Here’s a list of 10 interesting animals that will take the wind out of your sails:
10. Angora rabbit: Charming looks and extra fluffiness of the angora rabbits make them stand out. They can be found in various parts of Turkey. However, their exact location of origination is known as Ankara. There are multiple breeds of this rabbit, and they are extremely adorable. Or one can say little cotton balls sent from the heaven.
9. Okapi: The only surviving relative of the giraffe clan, Okapi. As a matter of fact, they look like zebras. The zebra stripes on their legs and the innocence on their faces make them extra adorable. Mostly, they eat plants, grass, and leaves, and come together only to breed.
8. Fossa: They are related to the mongoose troop and have features like that of cats, and dogs. A tail, like that of the monkeys, makes Fossa a totally unique animal. These tiny little creatures have the most beautiful eyes brimming with attitude. Found on the stunning islands of Madagascar, Fossas are total carnivores.
7. Aye Aye: The name itself talks about the uniqueness of this animal. Aye Aye’s is a lemur and is found on the islands of Madagascar. With their rodent resembled teeth, big eyes, and a tail bigger than themselves, they are a beautiful sight to see. Aye Aye’s live for 20 years approx and are omnivores.
6. Glass frog: A fascinating creature, Glass frogs, are known for their semi-transparent skin. This amphibian is known as the ‘see-through-frog”. You can see its organs and be startled for your entire life. Glass frogs are nocturnal in nature, and usually eat soft meat. These frogs are also a crucial part of our ecosystem!
5. Pangolin: Also known as scaly anteaters, Pangolins have scales to shoo off its predators. Their exceptional scales are a rare sight to see. It is said that they are shy and curl themselves up in a ball made of their scales. Pangolins are nocturnal in nature. Unfortunately, Pangolins are one of the endangered species.
4. Mata Mata Turtle: This ancient, clumsy, and bizarre looking creature is known for its camouflaging traits. Found in the forests of Amazon, it looks like rotten leaves and is said to resemble the bark of a tree. It weighs some 30 pounds and can measure up to 18 inches. This turtle can be found pleasuring in slow-moving dirty streams of the Orinoco basins.
3. Gharial: Indigenous to the northern part of the Indian subcontinent, Ghariyal are well known for their oblong muzzle. They are found inhabiting in the slow turbid streams in various parts of India. The long jaws help it in catching fishes which is their staple. Their distinctive snout makes them unique as well as scary to some extent. Kin to the crocodiles they seem to be highly calm and composed.
2. Mangalitsa: Found in the 19th century, Mangalitsa is actually a pig disguised as a sheep. That is intriguing to another level. It is a Hungarian breed of a domestic pig, and its name means “a hog with a lot of lard.” These creatures have the personality of a dog. Wonder why they aren’t used as pets?
1. Cloud Antelope: A mesmerizing beauty of its own. It’s hard to believe that such a beautiful creature can even exist. Sent from the paradise, cloud antelope actually lives in forests of Amazon and Africa. Its dollish features and the unique figure is food for the eyes.